GBCamera for Unity
A downloadable asset pack
A Unity package containing a camera setup for emulating GameBoy style visuals. The scene is rendered at 160 x 144, and has a custom shader to limit output to a 4-colour palette. The palette is supplied as a 4px x 1px texture and can be modified or even swapped at runtime as needed.
Some projects using GBCamera
- Trappy Mine by rogueNoodle
- Trappy Climb by rogueNoodle
- Legend of Basement by jaewoong_h
- Future Rally by ShinPKSK
- The Crimson Eyes by Fizex
- The Night that Speaks by adamgryu
- You're in Space and Everyone Wants You Dead by adamgryu
Updated August 27, 2015 - v1.2
- Added support for OpenGL ES 3.0 (tested on Samsung S6)
Updated August 26, 2015 - v1.1
- Added support for fading the material - useful for transitions.
- Added UI material to allow fading and palette use for Unity GUI elements
- Added examples to show palette swapping, fading and UI setup
- Includes 10 palette variations
Tested in Unity 5 only.
Click download now to get access to the following files: