I would like to hire you to develop a game for me firstname.lastname@example.org
A downloadable asset pack
Favourites is a Unity 5 plugin for quickly accessing your most used project assets.
As a Unity project grows, it can be tedious to find assets you need to access frequently. By creating a set (or multiple sets) of favourites, you'll have instant access without digging through folder after folder.
Simply dock the Favourites window (found under Window > Favourites) and begin dragging files into it.
- Create multiple sets to organize your collection even further - this works great when working with others in the same project
- Click the details button (consisting of name and icon) to highlight that asset in the project window
- Access various shortcuts by clicking on the action button (found on the right-side of a favourite). For example:
- Switch scenes by clicking on a favourited scenes action button
- Open a favourited folder in the Explorer/Finder
- Open scripts, images and other file types in their respective applications
- Instantiate prefabs
- View and edit a prefab's entire hierarchy, unlike the project browser which only allows the viewing of first level children. This eliminates the need to instantiate the prefab, edit, apply the changes and remove the instance from the scene
1.1 (Added March 1, 2017)
- Fixed bug where Favourite sets weren't saved properly (hopefully)
- New sets are created inside of "Assets/Favourites/Sets" folder by default. This can be adjusted in the Favourites preference pane
- Tooltips are on by default (these can be disabled in the Favourites preference pane)
- Selecting a Favourites set in the project window will select that set in the Favourites window if open
- .blend files now open in Blender instead of instantiating as a GameObject in the scene
- Instantiated prefabs are now added as a child of the selected object in the hierarchy (can be disabled in the Favourites preference pane)
I'd love to hear how you use favourites and if there's anything else you'd like to see. Drop me a line on Twitter @roguenoodle
Click download now to get access to the following files: